Textbook - MODERN VACUUM PRACTICE
“Modern Vacuum Practice" is recognised as being the introductory book that every vacuum novice needs.
New Revised & Updated - 3rd Edition
3rd Edition updated 2007
by Nigel Harris M.Sc, C.Phys., M.Inst.P
Buy On ebay Last few copies available at £29.99 plus postage & packaging (see below) - click this link to view - Modern Vacuum Practice.
Tracked shipping prices - £4.99 UK, £15.50 Europe, £21.50 USA & Canada
For details of availability from all suppliers worldwide click on the "Where to buy tab".
• 100 more pages (nearly 30% increase on 2nd edition and 45% increase on 1st edition
• Corresponding increase in the number of illustrations
• New chapter dealing with vacuum applications
• New chapter dealing with vacuum for chemical processes (water ring, steam ejectors, chemical dry pumps)
• New section having 90 questions and answers (requested by educational users)
• Introduction chapter has been doubled in length
• Some historical overviews added
• Other additions: Point-of-use dry pumping, speed testing of vacuum pumps, venting turbos, nomograms for pump/speed calculations,
outgassing rate graphs, contra flow and hybrid flow leak detection explained etc.