Textbook - MODERN VACUUM PRACTICE
“Modern Vacuum Practice" is recognised as being the introductory book that every vacuum novice needs.
New Revised & Updated - 3rd Edition
3rd Edition updated 2007
by Nigel Harris M.Sc, C.Phys., M.Inst.P
A few copies remain with the stocking distributor in America:
• 100 more pages (nearly 30% increase on 2nd edition and 45% increase on 1st edition
• Corresponding increase in the number of illustrations
• New chapter dealing with vacuum applications
• New chapter dealing with vacuum for chemical processes (water ring, steam ejectors, chemical dry pumps)
• New section having 90 questions and answers (requested by educational users)
• Introduction chapter has been doubled in length
• Some historical overviews added
• Other additions: Point-of-use dry pumping, speed testing of vacuum pumps, venting turbos, nomograms for pump/speed calculations,
outgassing rate graphs, contra flow and hybrid flow leak detection explained etc.